Our Adventures


Sunday, September 18, 2011

Temple Hopping with my Mia Maids

So a couple of months ago I came home from church and was thinking about the sweet girls in my class. I really wanted to do something for them that would strengthen their testimonies, unit us as a class, and do something they will remember forever. Later that night it came to me. I needed to take my class to all the temples in the Salt Lake Valley. This past weekend we just came back from our Temple trip and it was better then I could have ever imagined. The girls were amazing!! We hit 9 temples in a day and a half.

Day One:
We picked up the girls early from school and headed to Logan. We ate dinner at Panda Express then went and did Baptisms at the Logan Temple.




After the Logan Temple we went to the site where they are building the Brigham City Temple. This is where Jaycee pushed the button to cross the street for the very first time :)



We drove past the Ogden Temple...there wasn't much to see since it was under renovation. I can't wait to take these three girls back to see the open house of the Brigham City and Ogden Temple. (Even if they are out of young women's when this happens I'm still going to take them) Then we headed to Woodscross where we had ice cream at Nielsen's Frozen Custard and then went to Marisa's (the other leader) sister's house to spend the night. I had so much fun with the girls and Marisa staying up talking. I really have AMAZING young women! They inspire me and make me want to become a better teacher!




Day 2: We hit 6 temples. First Stop Mount Timpanogos.



After we got done at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple we drove up over the mountain to the Draper Temple. It was a really gorgeous drive and the girls were amazed with all the houses. There were some pretty monstrous homes up there.





Off to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It really reminded us of the Rexburg Temple




Jordan River Temple was next on the list. I LOVED the landscape of this temple!! It was very beautiful!!!




Salt Lake Temple: I called a couple weeks ago to make arrangements for baptisms for the dead, and I was told that they were booked for the rest of the year :( The lady on the phone then asked how many girls we had. When I told her we had three girls she said that they could squeeze us in, but it might be an hour wait. The Lord was with us that day and knew that we had some more stops before we were to head home, and we were able to get right in, no wait time at all. This was my favorite stop on the trip. I LOVED watching the faces on the girls light up as they admired how pretty the temple was. Watching them get baptized was so amazing. Each time they came up out of the water I got a small glimpse of how much our Heavenly Father loves them. They are true daughters of God and I know that He is so proud of them. I am so extremely grateful that I get to be their teacher. They have such amazing spirits!! While stepping out of one of the rooms in the temple I looked down this beautiful hallway and saw two people dressed in all white walk by smiling and laughing. Just then I thought I was in Heaven. I had to show my girls this view. I pulled each of them individually up these stairs to look down the hallway. My testimony was truly strengthened. The girls also got an amazing experience when they were doing confirmations, the guy who was doing them spoke in Spanish. No matter what language is spoken, the Spirit is still the same. Once we got done we went and had lunch in the cafeteria. We got lost a couple of times. But finally made it.

We walked around Temple Square and took pictures then went on a tour of the conference center. Jaycee and I met Deigo from Columbia. He talked to us in a REALLY broken English mixed with Spanish. Luckily I caught most of it. We also met a guy from Italy who was telling us about his business trip in Japan when the earthquake and tsunami hit. At this point all our feet were killing and most of us had blisters. so we walked around for the rest of the tour in bear feet. But I'm so proud of the girls. We didn't have anyone complain and they are literally the fastest getting ready. I think it took only 5 minutes for them to get dressed and ready to go. WOW!!













Last Temple Stop...Bountiful Temple. We didn't stay here very long since our feet killed. After this temple we went to my parent's house for a wonderful Dutch Oven dinner and right before we left my dad did a mini fireside for the girls. It was the perfect ending to the perfect trip with my girls.



4 comments:

  1. Don't I just have to most beautiful Young Women in my class??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Madison, you are amazing! But I already knew that. This is something that your young women will always remember. It sounds like a wonderful little trip filled with your love for your young women, your love of the temple, and your love of the Gospel.

    We Love You!
    Aunt Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all had a good time and made it home safely. We are always glad for a visit!

    Love you!
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sister Hale! I just barely found your blog and these pictures of our trip. Thank you for taking us and letting us have an amazing experience! Jaycee

    ReplyDelete