Our Adventures


Monday, July 25, 2011

My Job On The Side

It's official I am now the Idaho Falls, Rigby (or if anyone is interested I can help you) Local Contact for the Company called Student American International. My Job:
To find people willing to open up their homes to a foreign exchange student from August to May.
After I find the homes I have to do background checks, and keep up with the student, school, and family at least once a month.
If there are any problems I am the one they go to.
I am super excited for this new journey and to meet people from all over the world

What I really love about this program is that the students have to go through a background check, they have to have a certain GPA, and they have to take a written English and a Spoken English test in order to come over to the states.

Each host family can choose a country, a gender, and look through a couple of the students applications (where they can see pictures, read letters, learn about the student before they ever get to meet them) and then choose their top three of who they want. It is really cool.
All the host family has to provide is a room (can be shared with same gender within 5 years of age) with a dresser and bed and two meals a day. How easy right? And what a great Missionary opportunity for the family.

The rules in this program are really strict. Their honor code goes hand in hand with the Standards of the Church. If they break any of these rules they get sent home immediately.

If anyone is interested please contact me
you can also visit their website:

http://studentamericaninternational.com

No comments:

Post a Comment